The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
This policy represents a contract for services and informed consent.
Any form of therapy I provide is based on the concept of personal responsibility. My top priority is considering and determining what is in your best interest. Success of therapy is both clients' and therapist's joint responsibility. We both determine the treatment plan. It is the client's responsibility to read, understand and directly express to me any disagreements, to ask for clarification or alterations desired. It is also the client's responsibility to comply with the terms of this contract.
Your insurance is a contract between you and your insurance company. I am a participating provider for a number of companies. If you are covered by one of these plans, we will bill your plan and you will pay the co-payment at the time of service and my administrative fee.
Please be aware that insurance companies WILL NOT pay for missed appointments or late cancellations. The client is solely responsible for payment of the FULL fee to me.
When your initial authorized number of sessions is almost used, we need to submit a treatment plan to your insurance company for medical necessity approval. We will do this in one of your sessions.
The time you schedule your appointment is reserved for you. Any untimely change made by you can have multiple ramifications for me, you and/or another client. Late cancellation and/or missed appointment fees are not punishments, nor based upon your reason. We are all subject to unpredictable and untimely situations that are definitely beyond one's control. It is simply a matter of assuming responsibility. I may have told potential or current clients that may schedule could not accommodate them. It is a significant financial loss. If you call with a late cancellation and we can reschedule within the same week, there would be no LC charge. Conversely, if for any reason, I will take my responsibility by either extending your session time or rescheduling at your convenience.
Unsafe and unpredictable road conditions.
In an effort to accommodate needs in these "beyond our control" situations, the following options are available to you:
- Have the session on the telephone at the designated time. The fee remains the same and is due and payable at the following session. (Long distance phone charges are the client's responsibility).
- Reschedule for another time within the same week. The fee remains the same.
- Pay the scheduled session fee for the cancelled appointment (due and payable at the next session).
The protocol is as follows:
- It is the client's responsibility to call me prior to the scheduled appointment to make/confirm alternative arrangements.
- I will call you if weather conditions prohibit me from being available at the office for sessions.
- If for any reason, you are in doubt about the office being open, please call before you come in.